Project Support Worker (Brief Intervention) Turas Counselling Services, Dundalk
Turas Counselling Services is a not-for-profit addiction counselling service based in Dundalk, Co. Louth. We work with 350 people annually from across the North East region who present at different stages of the addiction cycle.
Through motivational work, harm reduction, one-to-one counselling and group therapy we support them to deepen their recovery and forge new lives for themselves.
We also offer a Community Alcohol Detox (CAD), a medical detox overseen by a GP, with psychosocial supports provided by our counsellors.
The Project Support Worker (Brief Intervention) will provide motivational and relapse prevention support to people experiencing drug and/or alcohol addiction.
A 3rd level qualification in Social Care or equivalent.
3 years’ experience of working with people in addiction
A proven background working with:
- Keyworking and one-to-one support to people experiencing addiction
- Experience facilitating drug education and prevention
- Individuals and families experiencing difficulties with substance misuse
- Knowledge of external agencies relevant for proving a range of supports to Turas’ clients
- Experience of interagency and multi-discipline working
- Experience of advocacy and care planning
A full driving licence needed and access to own transport.
Salary: €30480.84pa. This position is Funding Dependant on an annual basis.
Closing date December 19th. Interviews for successful candidates to be held on January 3rd and 4th.
Applications by way of CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position should be made to Maureen.firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Turas Counselling Services 59 Clanbrassil Street, Dundalk